THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

P.E. What does P.E. mean to you? To us it means Professional Engineer--A status that Robb obtained last month--And now these initials go behind his name. This has been years in the making and I'm so proud of him. So what did it take anyway? oh, just a couple little items:

  • A B.S. in Civil Engineering
  • Passing status of an 8-hour long test called the F.E. (taken on one day)
  • Four years of labor with protractor in hand as an EIT, Engineer In Training.
  • Passing status of yet ANOTHER 8-hour-long test..this time appropriately called the P.E.

...throw in a Master's in Structural Engineering just for good measure and there you have it, all the sweat and tears that went into this licensing--did I get everything in a nut-shell, Robb? I was thinking about getting him a gold-plated pocket protector with his name engraved on it just to say congratulations. (If you want to contribute to that gift send money to me, I'll make sure Bob gets his pocket protector. Promise.) But all joking aside...when you take this all away, what's left is my best friend, and the best father 2 girls could ask for. I love you. Congratulations.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rob! I know how hard that is to get. Instead of a gold-plated pocket protector, how about some fancy-shmancy TI-97000 calculator or whatever series they are on now? Just kidding. Congrats man.

Genny said...

Congrats Robb! That is AWESOME.

jessie said...

What an accomplishment! That's seriously awesome! Congratulations!!! I think if I went through all of that I would definitely sign EVERYTHING with the added initials behind my name. :)

Poe said...

Robb, way to go! You deserve new initials after all that hard work! I didn't realize all that went into it - thanks for the run down, D. Seriuosly impressed. Now, do as Avery does and smile and say, "I so proud of myself!" at least three times!

Lance and Becky said...

Congrats Robb! We know how much work that is! And its A LOT!!

kell-bell said...

Congratulations, what an accomplishment!

The Johnson's said...

AWESOME!!! Congragtulations! Good Job!! You Rock!!! Anything else? Seriously, we're proud of you.
The Johnsons

Jen said...

Robb- that is so awesome- dalee- you should be so proud!

THE MACDONALDS said...

CONGRATULATIONS ROBB!! These milestones are definitely worth documenting Dalee. Nice work team! Love, Lee

aubry. said...

dalee!... just catching up on all sorts of blogs. congrats to robb for the earning that p.e.! i work for an engineering firm in salt lake... civil, evironmental, and yes... even structural!

what firm does he work for? we've got a bunch of engineers heading to phoenix for a big project on the 202...

when i was growing up, i never thought i'd ever concern myself with engineering... but here i am... excited about husbands of friends who have left the eit world for real adulthood pe status!

congrats, again. i know very well what it takes to get those little letters...