THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1st Grade

I cried for a straight week that she was gone ALL day :( But on the bright side: she loves school and has the most fun aunt EVER that made her a special 1st Grade brownie crayon that she came home to on her very first day. We felt loved!


(The top picture was the saddest goodbye I've had to watch between these girls. They were laughing I think to keep themselves from crying).


On a Semi-funny note: Here is the convo I had with my 1st Grader recently:


She says: "Mom, what's a 'hobby'?"

I say: Its what you like to do when you have free time...so, like dad for instance...what would his hobby be?"

She says: "Oh! I get it!! Dad's hobby is...being in the garage with cars and stuff? OH! and trains?"

I say: "Yeah, you got it. That's a hobby. ....So umm...what do you think my hobby is?"

She says confidently: "Cleaning!"






5 comments:

*JULIA* said...

Yeah my kids think that i just LOVE to clean since thats what i always end up doing when i have any time. I am still dying to know the little babes name!!

Genny said...

Hahahahaha! oh that is tooooo funny!

Lyndsey said...

I love that they think we like cleaning. Really I could think of a whole lot of other "hobbys" I would like to be doing

Train Gang said...

well what annoys me is that is SO easy to identify what a dad's hobby is...so why do men get hobbies and we are all cleaning!? I know the answer to that...its cause women like to live in a nice place and if we didn't clean we'd live in filth. Cheers to all you happy-hobby-cleaners out there!

Darin, Kyla, and kids said...

I too have had many answers from my kids being questioned about Mom's favorite thing to do and they all say, "CLEAN" Ug!!!!!!!!!!!!