THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer...and Somer news: Venice finally took her first steps at 13 months. She still prefers to push shoe boxes around.

Simi finally got her first hair cut. Only took 3 years and one month to get there! For those with curly hair, you know what I'm talking about. Its scary to cut; you cut a half an inch and it springs up 4 inches.


Chillin'. Venice is ready for a Cache Creek run. Too bad that's not on our horizon. Instead we spend our days in the pool. Also, if you look closely you can see her tiny pigtails.










Just a bit of silliness really. I put on a Biore pore strip, and when simi saw me she busted up. She said, "MOM! you are always so CRAZY!" So we had a mother/daughter spa moment, though simi's is just a strip of notebook paper-she thought that was what mine was.





























Did I say there is always a train? well, there is also always a hot tub. We have always wanted one some day. Finally, this spring, Robb designed and built his own. Its only solar-heated, but gets pretty hot by the end of the day. I love my Civil-Hydraulic-Structural-Engineer-hubby. Simi is the biggest fan of it. she calls it "her" pool.




















Just a typical "get up" that I find simi wearing on a day to day basis. I'm not exaggerating when I say there are not enough accessories in the world for this girl.











13 comments:

Lisa said...

Where do I start with this post? I love Simi's haircut, I love Venice's little pigtails, I love your spa moment, I love Simi's getup. What I wouldn't give to spend a day in the Macdonald household...I'm sure it would be very entertaining :).

Poe said...

YOU HAVE A HOT TUB?!?! Hello, how did I not know about this?! Robb is the man. That's so awesome!

The fam looks cute in every pic too.

Train Gang said...

yeah, its more like a 'warm tub' but he made it alright.

Caglefamily said...

Ok, funny you talk about curly hair. Because I was just thinking who I should hit for advise about that very subject. Rayney and Corban both have curly hair but it's big curls, and fairly easy to manage. It does spring up like crazy when I cut it though.

So the thing is, I washed Skotlynds hair for the first time, and it was like afro curly, way curlier than Rayney's and Corban's started out like. I'm loving it but also have thought this could be dangerous. Who knows hair is a funny thing, we will have to see what it does when it grows out. But I may need some good advise on how to take care of crazy curly hair.

Oh cool beans for Venice on the walking, Lincoln just started walking on a full time bases the day I brought skotlynd home, wow that's like a life saver.
and that's the coolest hot tub I've ever seen! Sorry this was like a letter instead of a comment.

Matt C said...

The Cache creek comment was totally making me laugh out loud. I even showed it to Matt who got a really good chuckle out of it. When is the next time you guys are going up? We were also pretty impressed with the "warm tub." what we want to know is were you and Robb out there with shovels? I was trying to picture it and it was actually somewhat hilarious. The finished product looks great though. Miss you guys!!

Matt C said...

This is lyndsey btw

sharmysteele said...

Dalee!!! I can't believe that I have FINALLY found you! Awesome! I saw your pics and got giddy! Your two girls are adorable. Wow, you look great and happy. Whatever man got my Dalee is the luckiest man on earth.
Your Ricks Roomie,
Sharmy I just started a blog. It is www.sharmysteele.blogspot.com. Contact me: my email is sharmynjed@yahoo.com.

Genny said...

I love Simi's accessories!!! She cracks me up. Great job on Venice's pigtails too! I don't know if Rylie would hold still long enough to allow me to do that. She'd probably end up looking like a unicorn. My poor daughter, I've never been good with hair.

Anonymous said...

DaLee, YOU ARE ALWAYS SO CRAZY!Simi's got it right. I love that there are little people in the world who will be like you and Robb. Truly genuine and unique. Miss you guys.
hiL

THE MACDONALDS said...

That hot tub is amazing! We had so much fun with you guys last week! I can't wait for our next outing. I am also excited for mother/daughter spa days. We got to get Robb and Troy together more often and we could have a dream ranch the way these guys decide to figure out stuff by themselves. Miss you all! Luv, Lee

THE MACDONALDS said...

That hot tub is amazing! We had so much fun with you guys last week! I can't wait for our next outing. I am also excited for mother/daughter spa days. We got to get Robb and Troy together more often and we could have a dream ranch the way these guys decide to figure out stuff by themselves. Miss you all! Luv, Lee

Elena said...

It was great seeing you guys last week, and BTW -- I am BEYOND impressed with the HOT TUB! Very innovative!

Anonymous said...

(I'm dumb, I posted this in the wrong place so I copied and pasted it here.) LOL I love the Hot Tub. It's so cute! We don't have a pool at all. Maybe Robb can design a solar powered hot tub for us too. ;) We'd pay him of course. You guys are great, we miss you.