THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ricks Forever! This coming Spring/Summer marks 10 years since I first entered Ricks College as a Freshmen. So HAPPY 10 YEARS LADIES! Ricks was my favorite part of my whole academic career. (this picture was actually from 1999 which was an especially fun year)

On a less sentimental note: those who were in this picture or attended this "banquet" will remember it was like the Ricks College 235th ward or something...and we got awards at the end of the year based on our personalities. I remember being angry to say the least that I got "Best Airhead" or something like that. I think I burned the certificate. Correct me if I'm wrong: Jessica got: Best Smile. Bonnie got "City Slicker" (LOVE that), Holly got "Best Hair" and Lisa and Melissa I don't remember your awards...please someone fill me in! Am I psycho that I remember the awards from so long ago?

9 comments:

Genny said...

Dalee, why is it always February 20th at your house??? Is this like some sort of a Groundhog Day effect? Or is your computers calendar just trying to relive the past?

OK, you are about the last person I would give an "Airhead" award to! I agree with the "Best" part of your award, cuz you are one of the best people I know at just about everything! But airhead is definitely not one of them!

Poe said...

Has it seriously been 10 years? That's insane. I officially want to look 10 years younger. lol.

I do remember those awards - and they were SO lame and given by people who didn't know us at all! I think Melissa's award had something to do with her EMT program (like "Best life saver" or something). Can't recall Lisa's. I can remember you fuming after! I'm sorry they inaccurately labeled you! Now, it's been 10 years so it's time to forgive and forget. ;)

Anonymous said...

Whose the guy in the back getting an eye-full of ladies?

Elena said...

That totally stinks, Dalee! I'd be so mad if I got "best airhead" -- whatever!

Elena said...

who decided these awards, anyway?

Bonnie said...

How fun that you posted this picture! Does anyone know where Melissa is?? I wonder about what her Nate are up to...
Anyhow, I am so impressed that you remembered those awards. Thanks for posting that. :)
Love ya!

jeremyandholly said...

AWESOME!! i don't even remember awards being handed out! i seem to look so chubby in that picture...
anyone ever talk to melissa?? jeremy and i are best friends with a couple who went to her highschool or were in her ward or something...i always wonder...
funny picture dalee!! thanks for making me laugh:)

Train Gang said...

I'm so glad Genny noticed that my blog is like Groundhog Day! I think its just a problem with my computer, but I do think my blog is possessed sometimes and LIkes to pick its own dates. total mind of its own. Ok! so I still need Lisa to tell us what her award was!!! Lisa if you are out there, we need you!

Lacy Rane said...

10 years . . . that is pretty amazing! It's hard to believe it's been that long. You still look fantastic as always. (And your hair is beautiful!) Glad you guys are doing well.