THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

What a Bob...
One full year ago my husband bought me a beat up guitar. He intended to take it completely apart, hand-make new components, fully restore it, and work diligently to make it a Christmas present for me! I anxiously awaited. Christmas came, Christmas went... it turned into a Birthday present...next...I waited some more. And now almost on the anniversary of buying the guitar...IT'S FINISHED! And I must say its the BEST present I have EVER received because I've watched the work, labor and love go into it. I documented the different phases (hoping it would speed the process :) ) You can check it out from start to finish. The ol' adage is true- Good things DO come to those who wait.






















The Bob does have one disclaimer (that he declared upon finishing...and I quote)
"...Well, It's no Paul Wilde Original, that's for sure...But it does hold a tune!"
















11 comments:

SuperMommy said...

Totally cool!!! Who plays?

Jes said...

Have you named it? It's beautiful. Robb is soooo talented! Not to mention, Dalee is too - I didn't even know D played the guitar.

Lyndsey said...

Matt just gave me the whole scoop on Paul Wilde making his own guitar from scratch! That is nuts. Abalone shells in the neck--come on. Impressive work though on Robb's part. Matt says you should bring it out for a jam session. Miss you guys.

Hailee said...

Wait. You play guitar? It's so pretty! What a cute little guitar. I want one and I don't even know how to play.

Lance and Becky said...

That is so awesome! Way to go ROBB!! He is very talented. Now lets see a picture of you playing it.

Train Gang said...

I need to clarify...I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. piano is the only instrument I've ever played so this is really different and complicated I think. And I feel like my fingers are too tiny for this! But it will be a good thing to work on.

Matty said...

I'm glad to see that Bob has another 'proud to be an american' shirt.

Bonnie said...

I vote that you record a little number and post it.

jessie said...

It looks fantastic! :) I've always wanted to learn how to play and I actually do have a guitar, maybe someday I'll find the time? :) I think your 'new' guitar is beautiful! I've never actually seen the famous "Paul Wilde Original" . . . But I've heard a lot about it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Is that the same one he smashed when you were dating the fake Robb?

Darin, Kyla, and kids said...

MAybe we could learn together. I have always wanted to play it! The problem is, you will have a way cooler guitar than me and I'll want to quit. WAY TO GO ON A COOL GUITAR ROBB!