THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Our Baby Story...It all started at 6am on the morning of my induction. My medical induction was scheduled (because this was a VBAC) so I had not had even one contraction prior to checking in at the hospital.

After signing my life away, and initialling a huge stack of papers, my doctor came in to break my water. This was hilarious. He did this before my L&D nurse was ready apparently. (I don't think she was ready for how much water I had in me). Next, my nurse got me started with "the gel" at about 8am. Before anything started I was dilated to "almost 2" and was feeling comfortable.

Within 5 minutes of getting "the gel" and having my water broken, I was in the most discomfort. My nurse came in about 30 minutes later and asked how I was doing (and she was kind of laughing). I said my back was REALLY hurting. She said I was having huge contractions. Epidural PLEASE????!!!

But we had another little problem...she said the baby must have not liked getting all that water drained out on her (calling the babe "A Swimmer") because her heart rate was falling and my blood pressure was getting low too. I did feel close to passing out but thought that was just from all the hard contractions. So, the baby got more fluid pumped back in...and I got put on oxygen. It was really nice at first, then I was like, "can I take this thing off??" But the nurse meant for it to stay through the delivery. I kept taking breaks and putting the oxygen mask around my neck and then would get busted when the nurse would pop in to check on me. opps.

10am-ish I received an epidural and was dilated to almost 5. It was GREAT. for a little while. As I labored through an hour or two the drugs were wearing off fast.

The next few hours I was SO tired. When a contraction would come, I'd grab the edge of the bed. When it was over, I'd almost fall asleep (if it wasn't for my blood pressure being taken every 2.5 minutes I probably would have slept!)

By 1 or 2pm they proclaimed me "complete" and started breaking down the bed and turning on the fabulous hospital spotlights. My doctor came in around 2 or 2:30pm and after pushing for what seemed like a few minutes she was born at 2:44pm!

7lbs 4 oz
**Because I don't journal names and dates, if you'd like a birth announcement email me at maryndalee@hotmail.com
When I first held her I was so overcome with gratitude I can't describe it. I'm so happy she made it here safely and she's healthy! Another first thought was how beautiful she was even with all the gunk on her face. And those lips!

She is already such a huge blessing to our family, its hard to put in words how much we all love her. This has been a difficult year, and her birth has made all the trials seem like tiny grains of salt...just little grains that add flavor to our life. Thank you for coming to us.

Thanks also for all the thoughtful cards and gifts. (If you'd like to check out other stunning baby items like this quilt GO HERE )

adoring sisters

first bath



too cute











11 comments:

Julia said...

okay, that pic of your 3 girls is so cute!

rachel said...

That was a great delivery story. I felt for you when I saw those pictures but I have to say you look amazing as always. Fun three girls! congrats and fun to catch up.

Lyndsey said...

Oh my goodness that was intense. Glad all went well and that everyone made it out in one piece!! Love all the girls. You know that I have 4 sisters right?

Jackson said...

Love the story and the new little princess. She is total sweetness! I especially love the pix of all the girls. Sister are wonderful to have.
I will say I am jealous that you only pushed for 44 minutes!
Congrats on the new addition. Miss you guys!

Jes said...

Thanks for sharing your special birth story! I nearly teared up at the grains of salt part ... your family is so rock solid. I just stand in adoration of you guys! The three beauties and their parents have so much spirit!!

Lance and Becky said...

She is sooo cute and she looks just like Dalee I love it I hope she gets the dark curl hair too she can me a mini me for Dalee :)!

Mama Coons said...

She's beautiful! You have beautiful blessings!

Bonnie said...

How special! I am glad you posted your birth story. Thanks for sharing :)
Enjoy that little beauty while she is small!

Jen said...

i cried as I read this because I felt just the same way. This has been our hardest year yet too and here comes this little angel and it makes you wonder, what was all the hoopla for. This is what it is all about. Thank you for this beautiful post.

aubry. said...

so sweet, daly! send me a note and let me know what you named the little pink squish... you always come up with the best names!

its1116@gmail.com

so happy for your sweet fam!

jeremyandholly said...

oh dalee she's PERFECT! and what a beauty! my word!! i'm so grateful her birth was smooth and that she's perfectly healthy. 3 babies is pretty incredible eh? i love it:)
i want an invite too!!
hollyrob@hotmail.com